Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My trusted source Scuttlebut suggested I profile Charlie Page


and while I'm still getting to the profiling part, getting to know Mr. Page would be a good start.

Mr. Page, a board member for the Monterey Peninsula College, invited me to lunch so he could give me an introduction to his life, and give me copies of the books he's written -- in preparation for his profile. Mr. Page will end an 8-year stint as trustee at the end of the year, so I though it'd be a good time to write about his history with the College, and Monterey.

Several people suggested the idea. He and his wife have done so much for the college, they say. This space was built because of her, they say, and they turn to point to the Caroline Page Courtyard at the college.

In the brief time I talked to Mr. Page, I could see the love for the college in particular, and education in general. "I went to Stanford, but I really got my education at MPC," he told me. "The college has done so much good for so many people. We're so lucky to have it."

As we sat for lunch, several people walked by and said hello to Mr. Page. He's lived here for so long, he's been such an important part of the community, I imagine many have interesting stories to tell about him. If you're one of them, please feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment