Friday, December 16, 2011

Monterey Bay high school students and the pressure to get accepted into college

Carmel High student Lily Trytten wrote that "students are still stressed given the message that if they do not get into a good college, they will not succeed. Students are being robbed of their childhoods."

Alex Thurman, her peer at Carmel, wrote a letter to the editor suggesting we write about the pressure to get into the "right" school.

We'd love to. But we need your help. So here's a call to all high school students out there: how's your college search going? are you feeling the heat? where's the pressure coming from: school officials, friends, relatives?

Email me (cmelendez@montereyherald.com), call me (753-6755) or write on my blog. Tweet me! @MelendezSalinas. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment