Monday, January 30, 2012

Lunch with a principal, a teacher, a journalist?

I had lunch with Seaside Principal Mary White more than a week ago, a nice opportunity to have a relaxed conversation about her views on what's happening in her school. Dr. White is going on her third year at Seaside High, and everyone describes the wonders she's done for the students. All I know is I've never seen a principal get hundreds of teenagers quiet down just by staring at them. Pretty impressive.

Then I had an idea, that was reinforced when I learned the Pacific Grove Police Department is hosting "Coffee with a Cop" sessions, in an effort for residents to learn more about their Police Department activities. So why not lunch with a principal? Or a teacher? Or a parent? Or a reporter?

I'd love to have coffee, lunch, or just meet to talk about what's going on in your school and how I can improve coverage of your issues. So email me cmelendez@montereyherald.com, call me 753-6755, tweeter me @MelendezSalinas, Facebook me, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment