Thursday, December 19, 2013

MPUSD meets the COSCA group

For those of you interested in how the superintendent search is going to go, you should plan to attend today's special board meeting. It's at 5:30 p.m. at the usual place (Instructional Materials Center at Canyon del Rey).

Trustees are going to discuss with the COSCA group -- the consulting firm hired to conduct the superintendent search -- specifics on how the search will go. A particular interest of mine -- and I'm sorry I won't be able to make it, I'm officially on vacation as soon as I post "publish" in this blog -- is whether the trustees will choose to have public forums for the candidates.

It's an idea that's been floated around -- actually, I may have been the first one to propose it.  Have the top three candidates come out and be "interviewed" by the community at a forum.

Trustees have discussed this and other options to get as much community input as possible before picking the next top administrator. Another idea that's been circulating is to have community committees, sworn to secrecy, interview the candidates.

Whatever it is, I'd love to know. If you attend the meeting, do let me know. Scuttlebutt, you know how to reach me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment