Thursday, February 26, 2015

Read Across America's coming up!

Read Across America has become one of my favorite celebrations. Teachers all over the country open the doors to their classrooms and welcome community members who want to read to their students.

I love reading out loud. I love being read to out loud. I think that's how my love for reading was born. And if you have the time, energy and resources, maybe you can do the same for our local children?

Jenifer Alexander, a second grade teacher at Ord Terrace Elementary in Seaside, is still looking for volunteers to come and read to the students on March 3. Time slots are available from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.

Community members are provided with books to read with students and are scheduled to read in classrooms for 25 minute increments. They also encourage readers to bring their own favorite books from childhood and share their own experiences as readers.

If you're interested, contact Jenifer Alexander, at 392-3922 or jalexander@mpusd.k12.ca.us.

Many schools Read Across America takes part in this important event -- yes, it's so important to read to kids! So, if you can't come to Ord Terrace, maybe there's a school near you that's taking part of the event? Maybe I can list it in my blog? Shoot me an email and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment