Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Of Michael Turner and other deserving students

While participating in the media circus that's sprouted around the Everett Alvarez saga, I had a chance to listen to the great things that other great students are doing throughout the Salinas Union High School District. El Sausal Middle School, for instance, grew by 24 points in the Academic Performance Index, and now stands at 711. At Salinas High, API went up by 36 points. Students have celebrated or will celebrate their successes in the near future, so, if you have pictures to share, send them my way.

Also in the good news department, I recently met the high school representatives to the MPUSD board. I'm still waiting for their bios and pictures to include them in my blog (hint hint).

No comments:

Post a Comment