Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A bear hug to all teachers in Teacher Appreciation Day!

After I finished writing my profile on Wendy Williamson, teacher extraordinaire at Ione Olson in Marina, I realized I could not do justice to her. We spent so much time talking, I learned so much from her perspective, and naturally, not all of it fits in 800 words for a newspaper article. I didn't mention her class project on writing to U.S. troops deployed overseas. Of her science projects. Of how she juggles two grades in one classroom. On how she achieves sanity by having balance in her life.

So here's to Mrs. Williamson, and to the many other teachers who were nominated to be profiled. Thank you so much to the nominators! And of course, thank you very much to all the teachers, nominated or not. You do wonders day in and day out, and we cannot thank you enough!

Have a great Teachers week!

No comments:

Post a Comment