Friday, October 31, 2014

Navigator appeal coming to the Monterey County Office of Education

Perhaps you've noticed I've been doing quite a bit of coverage about a small charter operator that wants to come to Monterey County. It's called Navigator, and you can find an article about the national controversy on charters here and a description of one the Navigator schools,  Gilroy Prep, here.

Navigator asked to open two charters, one in the Salinas City Elementary School District, and one at the Alisal Union School District. After getting rejected from both districts, Navigator administrators appealed the Salinas City petition to the Monterey County Board of Education.

Trustees with the Monterey County Board of Education will hear the appeal at 5 p.m. Wednesday at the offices on Blanco Circle. I regret I won't be there, as I have an important issue to attend to on the other side of the country. So I'll be checking in to see what happened.

Scuttlebutt, I expect a full report!

No comments:

Post a Comment