Friday, August 28, 2015

Carmel's Marvin Biasotti has left the district, but not the area

The summer came and almost went and I didn't get a chance to write about former Carmel Superintendent Marvin Biasotti and his marathonic nature at the district. Yeah, in this day and age of superintendents lasting no more than five years, being at the helm for almost 16 is quite possibly a record. Biasotti, 63, plans to stay in the area, which has been home for 35 years, he told me in an email. His wife plans to continue working for another five years and "most importantly, we can't think of anywhere place we'd rather live," he said.

When I wrote about incoming Superintendent Scott Laurence, I quoted a teacher in the district remembering Biasotti fondly, which made his day.

" It felt good to know that I am being remembered in positive terms," he wrote. "I also appreciated her comparison of teaching in the district to Disneyland; i.e., the happiest place on earth. As superintendent, I always considered it my most important function to promote working conditions that allowed our teachers and support staff to give their all to our students. That quote warmed my heart."

Biasotti plans to remain involved in education, perhaps through mentoring new administrators.

"It's too soon for me to know where the next chapter of my life will take me, but I'm certain that it will include volunteer work. In the coming months I plan to explore a number of the many charitable organizations that do important work on the peninsula.  I liken my current situation as my second adolescence in the sense that the possibilities are many and varied."

It'll be great to see what adventures await Mr. Biasotti. Keep me posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment