Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Teacher appreciation day coming up!

National teacher appreciation day is coming up May 3, and I'd love to recognize a teacher with a wonderful story in the Monterey Herald. I wish I could offer breakfast or lunch or a lifetime of school supplies, but recognition is priceless, isn't it?

I've done this once in the past and I wanted to make it a yearly tradition but things got in the way. Now that I've revived it, here's what you have to do: call me, email me, tweet me or Facebook me to nominate a teacher in Monterey County I should profile. Tell me what makes this teacher special: commitment, sense of humor, ability to inspire his/her students? I'll have my editors help me pick the winner.

Deadline is April 26. Yeah, it's short notice, sorry. I promise to be more organized next year.

So get in your nominations fast! I know there's tons of great teachers out there! I can't wait to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment