Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Middle and high school students: do you know what career path you want to take?

Do you know where you'd like to go to college? It may not be too soon for you to start thinking about this, and the California Department of Education wants to help.


California's chief of schools Tom Torlakson today unveiled the new California Career Center Web portal to help middle school and high school students explore their options and plan their next steps toward productive careers.

“Studies show that helping students connect their schoolwork to their future in the workforce helps keep them on track and headed for success,” Torlakson said. “The California Career Center Web portal gives students, parents, and teachers a one-stop shop to help demystify the process of moving from the classroom to careers.”

I paid a quick visit to the site, and it looks interesting. But I'm not the intended audience, so I don't think I'm a good judge. But maybe some students out there want to review it and tell me what they think???? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment