Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More on the Oasis Charter School saga

When administrators with Oasis Public Charter School told parents they wanted to eliminate the 7th and 8th grades, a reason cited was the lack of proper credentials for the teachers.

Several parents told me this. I reported it in the newspaper -- not as a fact, but as something parents were told, apparently on several occasions. I should have made that clearer.

Principal Juanita Perea denies having ever said that. Then, administrators sent a note with students saying they had demanded we "retract our statements."



Just for the record, I was not asked to retract anything. My reporting was accurate: parents were told their teachers did not have proper credentials. Since Juanita Perea says she did not say that, it's a mystery where the parents heard this information.

But for the record: the teachers DO have the proper credentials. You can look up their names yourself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment