Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Speaking of MOOCs

It's one of the best parts of my job: I get to dig deep on fashionable topics. For a curious person like me, it's like being in heaven.

I've been wanting to find out more about MOOCs and what the buzz was about. The opportunity to learn more came when Sebastian Thrun, founder of a Massively Open Online Course company, spoke about launching his company Udacity.com during the President Speaker series at CSUMB on Wednesday. I wrote a story about the event, but naturally, you can't even begin to touch the surface of MOOCs on a 20-inch story.

So if you're curious, here's more. Enjoy!

For a good primer on what MOOCs are, click here.

Five education providers offering MOOCs

The Year of the MOOC -- New York Times

Beware of the high cost of online course (New York Times)

How the embrace of MOOC's could hurt Middle America here (subscription only)

No comments:

Post a Comment